Thursday, January 2, 2014

To have a baby or not to have a baby...that is the question...

Ok Ok. I know I have just freaked some of you (mainly my loving husband) out with just the title of this blog, ok probably most of you, but I just wanted to talk this out with friends and weigh my options ;).  

Having another baby has always been in the back of my mind.  For those of you who don't know me, I have two beautiful, healthy, drive you crazy girls that I wouldn't trade for the world.  And I am content with where my little family is at this time in our lives.  But is this it?  

I joke about this matter all the time with my husband. Wouldn't it be nice to have another baby?  Don't you want to just try one more time for a boy.  To which Robert replies, "nope, I'm good."  A man of many words, I know :). And at times I agree. My girls are a handful, as all children are!  But they are also the joy of my life (and you can never have too much joy right)!

Tonight it hit me hard though.  Robert and I were throwing ideas around about how we could save a little money, as I'm sure everyone does.  Anyway, he suggested that we drop maternity from our insurance as that would save us a good chunk of change a month.  Yea it would. But in my mind all I heard was, "That's it. Your finished. No more babies". 

I know, I'm young and there is plenty of time to have another baby, but do I want my kids that far apart?  Brianna and Sadie Kate are 4 1/2 years apart and that's a lot to me.  So I guess this digs at a deeper question. Do I want another baby. Can I do it. The sleepless nights. The constant crying. The cooing. The babbling. The bonding. Am I finished? Whoa. Getting too deep now. 

Just some food for thought.

Oh and did I mention Sadie Kate is going to celebrate her 3rd birthday on the 20th and Brianna will be 8 this year.  Yea maybe that's why this is all coming to a head :). My babies are not babies anymore

Am I crazy?!?


6 comments:

  1. Get a small lap puppy instead! Cheaper and easier ;) You know I love your girls though so I'm really no help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say yes but I only have one and he's not a girl :) but I can say little boys loooove their mamas! The hard early months go by pretty quickly. At least that's what I'm telling myself so I can psyche myself up for a second one someday. It was good to see y'all again the other night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come get Elizabeth Raye for a night and see how that works out for you cousin :). I could steer you in either direction. Children are such blessings from God but can be the extreme stress of your life at times as you know all too well! However, I was 32 for my 2nd one and I ask myself the same question you are! I do know that waiting 11 years for my 2nd was a very smart choice for me as Hannah has been a God send in helping me with more than you can imagine with her baby sister! Gonna have to pray hard about this one ma'am! Love yal so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't we JUST have this discussion on NYE? hahahaha. Good luck with this decision. I'm good. No need to try for a boy for me because God would laugh at me and hand me another girl.

    ReplyDelete